ajbritton Posted April 4, 2007 Posted April 4, 2007 Oops... I have a dead exchange 2003 server. There is no full backup, but I have a copy of the MDBDATA folder including all the LOG files. Active Directory is OK as the DC function is on a different server. I plan to install Exchange on another server in the same domain. Any tips on the recovery procedure would be appreciated!! Thanks in advance... (goes away to read the Exchange 2003 Disaster Recovery Operations Guide...) EDIT: Forgot to mention that I also have a brick level backup of all the mailboxes, so if I have to I can rebuild everything from scratch (gulp)
zag Posted April 16, 2007 Posted April 16, 2007 It's not actually that hard, just install a brand new exchange server with a blank database and follow the restore KB articles on Microsoft's site. I have done it a few times and not had any problems. Using backup exec 10 and its Exchange backup and restore procedure works best for me, it only takes a couple of hours to restore from a complete system failure.
ajbritton Posted April 16, 2007 Author Posted April 16, 2007 Thanks iitech. I did manage this using a VM and the /disasterrecovery installation switch.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now