Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

According to The Register here: Oracle revs VirtualBox, mushrooms memory ? The Register

 

The article is quite long winded and not easy to summerise heare apart from it allows the the hypervisor to access far more memory than it have been able to before, up to 1TB in fact, and upping the RAM limit for VM's. Also 4.1 has some graphics improvements and now allows for Windows Aero theams and transparency to work.

 

You can download VirtualBox 4.1 for free from here: Downloads - VirtualBox

  • Thanks 1
Posted
hopefully it will now allow the software to delete vms on 64 bit win7 rather than having to remove them from the hdd manually
Posted
I've never been a fan of that method. I prefer to keep VMs safe and secure until I'm really sure I don't need them, especially if you are using TechNet licences to create 'real' servers for testing.
Posted
I've never been a fan of that method. I prefer to keep VMs safe and secure until I'm really sure I don't need them, especially if you are using TechNet licences to create 'real' servers for testing.

 

i see your point but usually if i delete it from the interface i no longer need it and/or need the disk space for something else

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...