Hightower Posted July 12, 2011 Posted July 12, 2011 Just tried installing our BE 12.5 onto Server 2008 R2, and it doesn't like it. After much searching it seems that 12.5 doesn't work on 2008 R2 (the media server at least, remote agent is supported). Have I got this right? If so, looks like an upgrade to 2010 is inevitable - only bought these licences a couple of years ago - didn't expect them to be extinct so quickly.
zag Posted July 12, 2011 Posted July 12, 2011 (edited) I think so, I had to do the same. Backupexec 2010 is nice though. Well worth the upgrade imo. If its any consolation I think DPM requires 2008 R2 as well. Edited July 12, 2011 by zag
IanT Posted July 13, 2011 Posted July 13, 2011 Interesting - What error or problem are you getting, I have BE 12.5 running on 2008 R2 and installed fine.
Hightower Posted July 13, 2011 Author Posted July 13, 2011 This one here: Enterprise Support - Symantec Corp. - When trying to install Backup Exec Remote Agent, Windows reports error "1719 The Windows Installer service could not be accessed" Tried the resolution, didn't work. Also tried this here: Enterprise Support - Symantec Corp. - When trying to uninstall or repair the Backup Exec Remote Agent, Windows reports error - "1719 The Windows Installer service could not be accessed"
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now