gshaw Posted July 11, 2011 Posted July 11, 2011 Just preparing our images for next year and installed Office as I used to with 2007 not thinking about the change to KMS for 2010 Looks like KMS seems like the way we have to go so I guess we'll have to change the key on the Office installation (already set to a MAK key at the moment) then run C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform\OSPPREARM.EXE before we capture the image?
FN-GM Posted July 11, 2011 Posted July 11, 2011 I would go KMS, i recently set it up and it was easy. I used this video Set Up an Office 2010 KMS Host - Windows Video Demo | TechNet 1
ZeroHour Posted July 11, 2011 Posted July 11, 2011 I tbh wouldnt think capturing an activated MAK would work as it would require reactivation after build. KMS is easy to get going and much simpler too.
Gatt Posted July 11, 2011 Posted July 11, 2011 KMS definately - as MAK keys are "per installation" not "Per Device" EG: 20 Pcs each with Office 2010 = 20 MAK keys used if 5 of those PCs need to be rebuilt = 25 MAK Keys used if those same 5 PCs need to be rebuilt again = 30 MAK keys used...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now