MatthewL Posted June 22, 2011 Posted June 22, 2011 We have a god aweful piece of software that is run via Citrix with themes and has to have the Olive Green theme applied for it to be in its best appearance!! Is there a way I can apply with Olive Green theme to all users on two servers (not fussed if a reg fix) but I do not want to copy to the default profile if I can help it. Even if I can just do it for that application it will help. Someone help as I am getting a hard time because apparently its critical that it be Olive Green.
RobBaxter Posted June 22, 2011 Posted June 22, 2011 (edited) What!!!??? @MatthewL Seriously? Citrix insist that you use WIndows XP (olive Green) theme for "Best appearance" ? sorry but LMFAO!!! A reg GPO snipit is probably what you want... but maybe this will help http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc782067(WS.10).aspx Edit: Appologies for my LoLs, but it was a WTF moment! Edited June 22, 2011 by RobBaxter
MatthewL Posted June 22, 2011 Author Posted June 22, 2011 No Citrix do not insist on it, its the company that provide us with software that is published on our Citrix farm. The software is shocking and I have raised it, unfortunately it is just something I have to do. I will have a look at the link, and to be it can stay as it is but getting moaned at!!
MatthewL Posted June 22, 2011 Author Posted June 22, 2011 Reading that didn't help much, am I going to have to resort to copying to the default user?
RobBaxter Posted June 22, 2011 Posted June 22, 2011 hums ... unless you use a manidory profile map for users, i don't see any other way :S. Bummer!
MatthewL Posted June 22, 2011 Author Posted June 22, 2011 A mandatory profile sounds like what I need. I will look into it tomorrow.
FN-GM Posted June 22, 2011 Posted June 22, 2011 If its a Server 2003 box you need to enable the themes service. This will let you use themes other than windows classic.
MatthewL Posted June 23, 2011 Author Posted June 23, 2011 I have the theme service enabled just need to apply the Olive colour scheme to everyone.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now