adhutton Posted June 16, 2011 Posted June 16, 2011 We are using Live@Edu which, in the main, is very good. However, some of our users are receiving corrupt or garbled emails from some senders (mainly from local councils). Please see the example below. LIVE@EDU_Corrupt-Emails_Example.pdf Has anyone seen this problem before or know of any solution? I have spoken to Microsoft technical support who think it may be caused by an email filter at the senders end, but I am not so sure. Any suggestions welcomed. Thanks. Andrew
PiqueABoo Posted June 23, 2011 Posted June 23, 2011 I've just seen it from one Live@Edu mailbox apparently affecting a few of their mails. Unfortunately it was just a screen shot but had exactly the same symptoms i.e. what looks like a flipped unicode bit or two when it's a left-angle bracket, plus in a few other places I can't quite figure out - don't yet have an original to look at the bytes and how it is broken obviously isn't that important compared to how it was broken (and whether that can be prevented). I'm attempting to get a set of broken mail headers, plus a couple of OK ones to see if I can spot anything common in the SMTP transit path e.g. some brand of AV scanner, a particular server etc. Could just be Live@Edu of course.
sukh Posted June 23, 2011 Posted June 23, 2011 1. Ask the sender to send the email to another live@edu user, is it still the same 2. Send to another external accocunt such as google, hotmail, is it still the same, rule of live@edu and see if it's an issue at the sender end of receiver end. 3. Do test doing the same message, I assume you can reproduce the issue. Sukh 1
PiqueABoo Posted June 23, 2011 Posted June 23, 2011 Very good point... and I missed it! Already late for being elsewhere when asked for a fleeting opinion Not sure where it came from, but I'm sure my screen-shot had a dozen or more To addresses, so finding out what some of the other recipients got will prove something - I'm just hoping a few of them were not Live@Edu mailboxes.
adhutton Posted September 22, 2011 Author Posted September 22, 2011 We are seeing this problem a lot more in the last couple of weeks. It seems to be only from some senders - mainly those on Council networks who use email filtering at their end. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Andrew
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now