Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi all,

 

I have the below error in my event viewer on a window 2003 server running exchange 2003. I found this related solution XADM&#58 Event ID 9554 Appears After You Modify Mailbox Permissions but am having issue with Step 2....

 

I followed it though and found who's mailbox is 8a138d3d-b1f1-4adf-9ef1-1d0716176f9c but I'm a little worried about changing the permissions (As I found its one of the headmasters mailboxes!). I can follow it up until Step2 part 3 as it says to click "click to select the Allow inheritable permissions from parent to propagate to this object check box, and then click OK" but this isn't an option. I could however click "Advanced" then "Include inheritable permissions from the objects parent" is that correct?? Also if I do this will it wipe any other permissions that maybe applied to the container?

 

Thanks

Duncan

 

 

 

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: MSExchangeIS

Event Category: General

Event ID: 9554

Date: 08/06/2011

Time: 15:43:49

User: N/A

Computer: servername

Description:

Unable to update Mailbox SD in the DS. Mailbox Guid: 8a138d3d-b1f1-4adf-9ef1-1d0716176f9c. Error Code 0x80040102

 

For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

1. That is correct, use that check box.

2. It wont do anything to the container, only that object (mailbox)

 

Sukh

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...