Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Related to this thread:

http://www.edugeek.net/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7197

 

I have a FreeNX server with domain authentication and automounting SMB shares. It still has some issues and is work in progress.

 

I have an old 16bit windows app that installs and runs nicely in wine, I have it installed in /home/user/.wine and it runs ok from there and I can access it as a published application using the FreeNX client.

 

Question is about how to properly set up wine. by default wine installs into the users homedir and c_drive is within that. I don't really want a separate insllation in each users homedirectory (btw, if I did do this, do I just put the installed .wine into /etc/skel ? ) and the application seems to require write access to wine. Am I supposed to install the 16bit app outside of the wine directory in /usr/local ?

Posted
put the .wine in /etc/skel. Symlink the files/folders in /etc/skel/.wine/ to some other location (/usr/local/wine/blah for instance) that you want to be static for everyone. You could even symlink .wine in it's entirety if you wanted.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...