plexer Posted June 6, 2011 Posted June 6, 2011 Just been doing a bit of content updating on our website wondered what people thought. Welcome to the Frontpage Trying to track down whats causing the text differences, if you look at the art and DT pages you'll see what I mean. Ben
ZeroHour Posted June 6, 2011 Posted June 6, 2011 Being honest myself I find the frontpage too barrow/like a word doc. I think some minor bordering around the main area would help. Also the menubar text overlaps the logo in chrome. The D&T pages have a font specified in the contents span btw, not just a size like the art pages. Keep up the good work though Ben and IE/chrome developer tools are a dream to test layout tweaks btw.
plexer Posted June 6, 2011 Author Posted June 6, 2011 @Zerohour thanks we just did the basic site months ago but I've now had an extension to my contract to put me in charge of it so now working on updating it. Ben
Steve21 Posted June 6, 2011 Posted June 6, 2011 (edited) Trying to track down whats causing the text differences, if you look at the art and DT pages you'll see what I mean. One is inside the span with a declared font, one isnt GCSE Art is an exciting course which vs ..... In design and technology If that's what you're referring to? *Edit - Seems I was slow and missed ZH's bit Steve Edited June 6, 2011 by Steve21
plexer Posted June 6, 2011 Author Posted June 6, 2011 Thanks it was the DT page having the erroneous font the other one was generated by joomla. Stripped them all out and now the content looks consistent. Just got to look at setting a border and working on the front page, until today there was nothing on the front page at all. What do you think to the image map? Ben
plexer Posted June 10, 2011 Author Posted June 10, 2011 Ok been doing some more work on it and used a couple of cool plugins from joomlaworks. Have a gander: Design and Technology Ben
Jon Posted June 10, 2011 Posted June 10, 2011 You seem to be having the same problem I had with your Rok Slideshow banner on the front page not displaying in ie9... Have a look at my thread here for the resolution to this problem... http://www.edugeek.net/forums/web-development/70918-rokslideshow-ie9-rc.html Jon. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now