chriscubed Posted June 1, 2011 Posted June 1, 2011 (edited) Hello all, I've got an issue with our ISA server where it doesn't allow users to logon if they've got the "User must change password at next logon" box ticked. Didn't take long to find the fix: The change password feature does not work as expected after you install ISA Server 2006 Service Pack 1 which says that the patch can be found on: Description of the ISA Server 2006 hotfix package October 29, 2008 But in MS's infinite wisdom, it's not a "public patch" which means you have to contact them for it! I don't know how I'd even start going about contacting them to get them to release the hotfix to me - could anyone point me to where I would be able to get a copy (or send a copy to me) - or failing that give me an idea of how I'm meant to contact MS? We do have a school's agreement and software assurance, but aside from the manage Technet link on it (which doesn't work...) I can't see anything useful through it. Thanks in advance Edited June 1, 2011 by chriscubed URL correction
chriscubed Posted June 1, 2011 Author Posted June 1, 2011 Ok, I've seen that page, but once I've chosen Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2006 Standard Edition, it asks me which Support Option I'd like to use: Professional (5-pack) and other contracts (Access ID required) Software Assurance License: for servers only (Software Assurance Access ID required) Don’t use a professional support license/contract (charges may apply) If you meant for me to use the bottom option, I'm a little worried about the £199 charge they want for it, but would they charge for something so simple?
sukh Posted June 1, 2011 Posted June 1, 2011 doesn't matter, select anything, as long as you get through to them and you can speak with someone they will put you in the right direction.
chriscubed Posted June 2, 2011 Author Posted June 2, 2011 I see - the problem was I was choosing the top option, which includes the text Callback (schedule by using Web) rather than Callback (schedule by using phone). Turns out the phone number was generic anyway, so had to go through the menu options, but I spoke to a guy, quoted the reference number and he emailed it to me straight away. Still a right pain just to get hold of a file though!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now