sonofsanta Posted June 17, 2011 Posted June 17, 2011 AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition (3.4GHz) Asus M4A79XTD Mobo 2x2GB Corsair TwinX XMS3 DDR3 PC3-10666 2 x 5770 1Gb CrossFire (one of them an XFX in the Batmobile shroud, one of them a Sapphire Vapor-X) 640Gb Caviar Black Silverstone Silver TJ06S-W Temjin Case Antec Earthwatts 650W Should have gotten the CM 690 case but the Silverstone was on offer that day, and I have this strange weakness wherein I can't help but buy weird cases even though I know they're a PITA and I always regret it. This one has got a bizarre windtunnel thing going on over the processor, so air is shaped over the CPU directly, but then the rest of the case has got 1 80mm fan and no room to fit another one. D'oh. It's also about the size of the monolith from 2001: A Space Oddysey. Only bought it with the single 5770 originally, whole lot was around £600-£650 mark about a year and a half ago. Added the second GFX card earlier this year which is lovely, definitely getting Vapor-X cards in future - it's about 12C cooler than the XFX card most of the time, and much quieter. I just wish CrossFire was less of a pain, I think I've spent more time tweaking The Witcher 2 than I have playing it some days :/
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now