demsley Posted May 23, 2011 Posted May 23, 2011 I'm trying to get going with Python and looking at using Portable Python (3.2). Portable Python However it has no GUI support and I want to include tkinter. Snag is how? I cannot find anywhere that explains this well enough for me to follow. Thanks Dave
Steve21 Posted May 23, 2011 Posted May 23, 2011 I'm trying to get going with Python and looking at using Portable Python (3.2). Portable Python However it has no GUI support and I want to include tkinter. Snag is how? I cannot find anywhere that explains this well enough for me to follow. Thanks Dave How what? How do you use python? How do you do tkinter? Steve
demsley Posted May 23, 2011 Author Posted May 23, 2011 PLEASE IGNORE THIS POST I'M AN EEJIT. The solution is to IMPORT FROM tkinter in the code!!! Note to Mods - please delete this thread to stop me looking like a right eejit.
Steve21 Posted May 23, 2011 Posted May 23, 2011 PLEASE IGNORE THIS POST I'M AN EEJIT. The solution is to IMPORT FROM tkinter in the code!!! Note to Mods - please delete this thread to stop me looking like a right eejit. Ah Just loading it hehe. from Tkinter import * root= Tk(); root.title('Hai!') Label(root,text='Why hai there!').pack(pady=10) root.mainloop() Good old uni days Steve 1
dhicks Posted May 23, 2011 Posted May 23, 2011 I want to include tkinter. Do you have to? You can write a web server in 3 lines of Python code and do all your GUI stuff via a web-based interface. 1
demsley Posted June 4, 2011 Author Posted June 4, 2011 @Steve21 and anyone else using Python 3.2 tkinter has to have a lowecase 'T' so first line has to be: from tkinter import * @dhicks - not sure if I *have* to or not yet, just beginning to play around with it
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now