Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

OK... never done this before and not really sure where to start...

 

I have a piece of software (iTALC in fact) and I want one of the components to run on my thin client boxes which run a HP version of Linux on Compact Flash (hence very little spare memory and no compilation tools, etc.)

 

The terminals use Via Eden processors but I don't think that this matters since they emulate i686 and performance isn't an issue.

 

I can use my laptop to compile the software and I can download source of debs off the net. How do I then go about getting said files into a format suitable for the thin clients?

 

Hope I haven't waffled too much ;)

Posted
I don't think I need to cross compile since I will be using an i686 kernel, both are Linux (my laptop is 2.6.17 and the thin clients are 2.4.??).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...