markman Posted March 13, 2007 Posted March 13, 2007 adprep / forestprep have been covered before but I can't find anything about exchange as well. Outline: We currently have 2 x Windows Server 2000 servers, one the primary DC and the other our exchange server. I want to introduce a new server for Exchange, one that is big enough to support our external email. Does anyone know of any issues regarding running adprep / forestprep with Exchange on the network as I want to install 2003 server on this new box? And eventually replace the existing DC with a new 2003 server as well as the old one is showing it's age!!
ChrisH Posted March 13, 2007 Posted March 13, 2007 What version of exchange you looking at putting on?
ChrisH Posted March 13, 2007 Posted March 13, 2007 Are you using Exchange 2003 already or 2000? I know you get reduced functionality from an Exchange 2003 server on a 2000 AD domain. Therefore you would want to get your DCs sorted first. What do you have currently?
markman Posted March 13, 2007 Author Posted March 13, 2007 Yes, we currently have Exchange 2003 sat on a 2000 AD domain. ta
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now