qeadmin Posted May 10, 2011 Posted May 10, 2011 Hi i need to replace 4 projectors this year and seen these samsung sp-f10m and look good and reviews seam to be good from what i have read. Do any of you use them in your school or seen them in use? any thoughts? thanks Stuart
Haptic Posted May 10, 2011 Posted May 10, 2011 Hi Stuart, Haven't seen many of these in the market, main limitation seems to be the 1000 lumens brightness. Cost wise from the figures I’m seeing, it does seem to be quite steep compared to a 2000 XJ-M130 which looks to be £150 cheaper. What particularly got you looking at the Samsung out of interest? I’m curious if I’ve missed something! Drop me a PM if you would like to talk some definite pricing on the Casio or the Samsung. Thanks, Mark
qeadmin Posted May 11, 2011 Author Posted May 11, 2011 I called a supplier to get a quote on the casio led ones and they said have I looked at the samsung ones? was quoted around the £470 mark for the sp-f10m (very cheap pricing compared to other quotes i have received £620 ish). They have a demo room I could go and see it in use but its a fair distance for me to travel just to have a look at it. The supplier has compared it to a 2200 lumens projector and its just as bright and some reviews I have been reading say the same thing.
Haptic Posted May 11, 2011 Posted May 11, 2011 Just been reading up on the tech behind the Samsung and it does look intriguing going for a LED with LCD setup rather than the LED/blue laser/ DLP within the Casio. If the brightness is comparable then at that price, for that sort of lamp life, the Samsung certainly looks like it’s a worthwhile investment. I'd be interested to hear how you get on with it.
qeadmin Posted May 13, 2011 Author Posted May 13, 2011 Projector turned up today and wow. Almost silent compared it to the Casio aj-135 we have also just purchased and much brighter. At 2.15 meters away on wall using ml logbook logger Casio reads 440 lx on the white internet page the Samsung is 670lx and on the blue start-up screen the Casio is 330lx and the Samsung is 530lx. Both sets of reading were using the inbuilt meter and using the same size projected image 78" whiteboard size roughly. No filters to clean and colour reproduction much better than the Casio. Will be ordering 3 more next week to replace the old projectors that are end of life. The size of the unit is slightly bigger than an Epson eb-x6 unit and lx levels on the epson for comparrison are 580lx on white internet explorer and 250lx on the blue no input screen. Well worth considering if you need new projectors. Only downside is still only 3 year warranty for edu I believe but most units are the same.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now