googlemad Posted April 4, 2011 Posted April 4, 2011 So this summer we're moving to Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 (from Novell and XP!) hence I am finding myself building lots of Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 virtual machines on my PC to test certain scenarios etc out in advance. If I activate them using MAK keys from the Volume Licensing website is there any way to free up the keys after I am done with the virtual machines?
Hightower Posted April 4, 2011 Posted April 4, 2011 I heard you have to phone Microsoft up for keys to be released.
Iain Posted April 4, 2011 Posted April 4, 2011 Depending on how long you are going to be using the test VMs for you can just use the grace period for activation (120 days). This is what I did when I was testing. More details for licensing in testing environments is at Windows Activation in Development and Test Environments Iain.
bossman Posted April 4, 2011 Posted April 4, 2011 @googlemad: Can you not setup a KVS or are your keys just MAK?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now