Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello. I have added a few Windows 7 PC's to our Server 2003 domain and with a bit of loop back processing I'm able to get them working together with XP and roaming profiles quite well.

 

Only thing I can't do is set the theme in group policy for the windows 7 PC's. I want to set the msstyle theme of the landscape slideshow which comes with the Windows 7 PC's. Is this not possible?

 

I tried to use gpedit on the local machine and force it but it doesn't seem to work.

 

Any ideas?

 

Thanks

Posted
not sure but toy edit win7 only policies install rsat on a win7 pc then you dont need an 08 server. Try that and have a poke round the options
Posted
Sted's got it bang on. To edit the additional Windows 7 policies you need to use RSAT on a W7 client. However, you need to copy the policies, either from a W7 client or by downloading them from MS, to the policy store in the sysvol share on one of your DCs.
Posted
Sted's got it bang on. To edit the additional Windows 7 policies you need to use RSAT on a W7 client. However, you need to copy the policies, either from a W7 client or by downloading them from MS, to the policy store in the sysvol share on one of your DCs.

 

seems to work quite happily without doing that for me

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...