Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi all,

 

I have recently moved several databases from SQL2000 to 2005 and the last move I need to do to turn the old server off is our asset database, which is a website and made by my old network manager in PHP. I have successfully moved the databases across and recreated the uses on the databases in 2005 which has worked, as other vbscripts I have changed to the new server databases have worked well. Several of the web pages on this asset web site have the below code on and below that is what I have changed the code too.

 

Line

33 $myServer = "ASHFORDDB1";

34 $myUser = "AUP";

35 $myPass = "PassWord";

36 $myDB = "AUDIT";

37

38 //connection to the database

39 $dbhandle = mssql_connect($myServer, $myUser, $myPass)

40 or die("Couldn't connect to SQL Server on $myServer");

41

42 //select a database to work with

43 $selected = mssql_select_db($myDB, $dbhandle)

44 or die("Couldn't open database $myDB");

45

 

I have just simply change the $myServer variable to the new server name\instants name (the old database on 2000 was the default instants)

 

$myServer = "ASHFORDDB2\ICT";

$myUser = "AUP";

$myPass = "PassWord";

$myDB = "AUDIT";

 

When I load the web page parts of the page show but is obviously isn't accessing the DB because massive parts are missing.

 

The error I get in FireFox is- window.addEvent is not a function Line: 44

 

The error in IE is- object doesn't support this property or method Line: 44 Char: 4

 

Do these errors mean anything to anyone as I don't know a lot about PHP so have come unstuck :confused:

 

Thanks

FB

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...