grahamd22 Posted February 22, 2011 Posted February 22, 2011 Why do I get Data directory (C:\Data\moodledata) cannot be created by the installer. after trying to upgrade from moodle 1.9.4 to 2.0.2 ? and upgraded our PHP to the latest version?
CyberNerd Posted February 22, 2011 Posted February 22, 2011 it's a permissions error. the web server needs write access on install
grahamd22 Posted February 22, 2011 Author Posted February 22, 2011 Where and what user should have access as the permissions haven't changed?
CyberNerd Posted February 22, 2011 Posted February 22, 2011 give 'everyone' read/write on C:\Data\moodledata then take the permissions away after install 1
grahamd22 Posted February 22, 2011 Author Posted February 22, 2011 Worked mate and I will change it back but I now get The service is unavailable.
grahamd22 Posted February 23, 2011 Author Posted February 23, 2011 I got as far as to click Login to login, which went to 'The service is unavailable.' and then I clicked back to upgrade whereby it said to click continue to upgrade which went to 'The service is unavailable.' I have restarted the MySQL service and restarted the server and still nothing ???
grahamd22 Posted February 23, 2011 Author Posted February 23, 2011 I have called the config.php configold.php as I'm not sure if the user credentials are correct it now begins with the install again and when I get to the mysql I picked mysqli and get the message Error: database driver problem detected The site administrator should verify server configuration PHP has not been properly configured with the MySQLi extension so that it can communicate with MySQL. Please check your php.ini file or recompile PHP. MySQLi extension is not available for PHP 4.
CyberNerd Posted February 23, 2011 Posted February 23, 2011 I don't suppose ditching it and putting it on a linux box is an option?
grahamd22 Posted February 23, 2011 Author Posted February 23, 2011 If we knew linux like you guys do then that would have been an option but unfortunately Microsoft have got their claws dug in here! I am wondering why I chose to upgrade, there was me thinking it was an easy thing to do !
grahamd22 Posted February 23, 2011 Author Posted February 23, 2011 As this is becoming to be a waking nightmare we are looking to get our site back to how it was, any pointers as we are getting 500 errors continuously?
grahamd22 Posted February 23, 2011 Author Posted February 23, 2011 Okay we have now got Moodle 2.0.2 working but need Ldap to authenticate as only administrator can logon and no one else !!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now