JPS Posted February 18, 2011 Posted February 18, 2011 (edited) Hi guys This should be easy for you lot, but im out of my depth. I had staff lose connection to a server this morning (7.40ish - before I get in) and so I checked the System event log on the server and I can see an event id 1354 Power supply detected a failure Sensor location: PS 1 Status Chassis location: Main System Chassis Previous state was: Unknown Power Supply type: AC Power Supply state: Presence detected, AC lost Does this mean that the server lost power? If not any suggestions for what event I could look for which would indicate a reason for this loss? Thanks Edited February 18, 2011 by JPS additional question
jamesb Posted February 18, 2011 Posted February 18, 2011 Does the server have a second PSU? If so, is only one of them plugged in? If it does have two, and one's plugged in, that's all the error's telling you. If it only has one then yep, it's lost power at some point. 1
JPS Posted February 18, 2011 Author Posted February 18, 2011 Just the one PSU, so I reckon it was power loss. Thanks @jamesb.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now