glennda Posted February 14, 2011 Posted February 14, 2011 Following on from the Thread here http://www.edugeek.net/forums/virtual-learning-platforms/70845-moodle-homepage-slow-load.html I have now found out the offending thing is Ldap support - as soon as i enable the site takes 7/8 sometimes 9 seconds to load - as soon as i remove it loads in 2. Anybody seen this before?
CyberNerd Posted February 14, 2011 Posted February 14, 2011 Is the ldap server configure by IP or domain name. A slow DNS lookup might slow things down.
glennda Posted February 14, 2011 Author Posted February 14, 2011 I have It set via IP (with ; as multiple - tried single) Ldap Version 3 (tried 2 aswell!) Ldap Encoding utf-8 Connecting to Vanilla MS-AD I did it via ip first time around
glennda Posted February 14, 2011 Author Posted February 14, 2011 (edited) It seems to be the remote rss feed module. If enabled along with Ldap it was slow if disabled and ldap was enabled it was fine Not a clue why but not errors anywhere else. Not the Module but something to do with the BBC Weather Feed! Not sure why. Although I think when i tested it - it may have just been a coincidence that it wasnt slow! I've removed the weather feed and all is quick again. Edited February 14, 2011 by glennda
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now