glennda Posted February 11, 2011 Posted February 11, 2011 I have a copy of our moodle database and Moodle data - got it installed ok and setup the Ldap Connection to Our ad. Which works fine - although not 100%. It seems that only Student accounts can login - not staff accounts (not sure why!) And also it is not tranfering the user details over from AD. I.e the profile is just blank. Any Ideas how to go around fixing this?
siuko Posted February 11, 2011 Posted February 11, 2011 In your moodle LDAP server settings are you requesting the right contexts? You should be able to provide context for the students ou and staff ou with a ; between them Transfering the details from AD you need to provide info in the data mapping section for the data you want moving over... For example in mine Firstname = givenName, Surname = sn and Email Address = mail.
glennda Posted February 11, 2011 Author Posted February 11, 2011 Yeah I have it setup to read the ou above staff and students as we have school name - users - Students then one for staff So there is only 1 ou mentioned. I tried the AD mapping but it didn't seem to work correctly. Should have mentioned it moodle 1.9.7. Although I'm quite tempted to upgrade the system.
glennda Posted February 11, 2011 Author Posted February 11, 2011 Also if you look here and here although using the same theme they area around the options box is wrong - any idea as to why that would be? The theme was a straight copy from the old one to the new one.
glennda Posted February 11, 2011 Author Posted February 11, 2011 I've solved the staff one - Moodle was looking at the CN for the username where as the cn is different for staff its Name Surname whereas students where the same as username so working. I changed it to sAMAccountname. this has then pulled through the user information. The only thing i am still thinking is strange if the Moodle Theme Toby
glennda Posted February 11, 2011 Author Posted February 11, 2011 Sorry meant around the login box etc - on the live version it has a pinky top box whereas on my one its just boring plain text
siuko Posted February 11, 2011 Posted February 11, 2011 Arent they just different themes your loading? EDIT : Just re-read your post... they are the same theme... Very strange indeed they look completely different. I would try setting both to a standard same theme and see what they do - just incase one site isnt loading images/css correctly etc.
glennda Posted February 11, 2011 Author Posted February 11, 2011 I will try copying the theme back down from our leas server.
siuko Posted February 11, 2011 Posted February 11, 2011 (edited) The source seems to show that the pink one uses.... http://learning.theweald.org.uk/theme/Clouds/styles.php http://learning.theweald.org.uk/theme/standard/styles.php The other one uses... http://dev1.theweald.org.uk/theme/weald theme/styles.php http://dev1.theweald.org.uk/theme/standard/styles.php So there are differences with which themes / styles that it is loading? Edited February 11, 2011 by siuko
glennda Posted February 11, 2011 Author Posted February 11, 2011 H'mm I'll check with them which one we are using on the live site - he told me it was the Weald Theme so i downloaded it - I don't have access to the appearance theme selector bit on our live site. I'll download the clouds theme see if that works
glennda Posted February 11, 2011 Author Posted February 11, 2011 Ahh that was it - the guy obviously just looked at the file names and assumed thats the one we are using! Cheers
glennda Posted February 11, 2011 Author Posted February 11, 2011 Are you able to map the system roles to ad groups?
siuko Posted February 11, 2011 Posted February 11, 2011 I havent gone that far yet... I think the plan for us is to use something like webanywhere or schoolict sims to moodle link for enrolment - but thats a way off
glennda Posted February 11, 2011 Author Posted February 11, 2011 I've found a page on it - you need to edit loads of Ldap settings :S
siuko Posted February 11, 2011 Posted February 11, 2011 If you get this working... please let me know as it might come in handy for me!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now