Paul-LHS Posted January 19, 2011 Posted January 19, 2011 I'm trying to create an RM CC3 package for Sibelius 6.2, there is no msi with this version so i've tried creating a package with RM application wizard 2.33.0 but whilst the package is building it throws up a few errors about not being able to copy some .net framework files, so I chose to ignore them and copy them across once the package had finished building. It finishes off the package with no other errors but the package fails to install when allocated to a workstation. Anyone had any success with this or have any suggestions? I know I could probably install it locally on every machine but obviously i'd rather not do this.
TechMonkey Posted January 19, 2011 Posted January 19, 2011 I have it installed fine. I think I had to hand edit out the .Net files from the completed MSI. If I remember rightly I would install, check Event Viewer, adjust the package according to the error and then tried again. It is possible though
HarryMonkey Posted January 19, 2011 Posted January 19, 2011 I don't know how much difference there is between version 6 and 6.2 However, I just used the msi on the CD ... created a folder and ini file, copied the msi into it, updated the package list. I created a custom registry file with the server, serial number etc in and applied that via the RMMC. I just had to build a seperate package for the "essentials".
clareq Posted January 19, 2011 Posted January 19, 2011 Have you contacted Sibelius? They are usually on the ball with RM CC3 or 4 and have, in the past, sent me the package RM ready. As mentioned, all I had to do was import it and send out a reg frag with the serial number.
Paul-LHS Posted January 20, 2011 Author Posted January 20, 2011 I don't know how much difference there is between version 6 and 6.2 However, I just used the msi on the CD ... created a folder and ini file, copied the msi into it, updated the package list. I created a custom registry file with the server, serial number etc in and applied that via the RMMC. I just had to build a seperate package for the "essentials". Unfortunately there is no msi with 6.2 they did away with it as it was apparently causing problems. Have you contacted Sibelius? They are usually on the ball with RM CC3 or 4 and have, in the past, sent me the package RM ready. As mentioned, all I had to do was import it and send out a reg frag with the serial number. Yes I have contacted Sibelius, but i've not had any solutions from them yet. I'm trying them again now but always on hold for a long time.
Paul-LHS Posted January 20, 2011 Author Posted January 20, 2011 I have it installed fine. I think I had to hand edit out the .Net files from the completed MSI. If I remember rightly I would install, check Event Viewer, adjust the package according to the error and then tried again. It is possible though I did have a feeling the problem was caused by .net framework, how did you remove the .net from the msi or stop it from installing? i'm not familiar with editing msi's
Quackers Posted July 15, 2011 Posted July 15, 2011 Did anybody get anywhere with a Sibelius 6.2 Package?
Paul-LHS Posted July 15, 2011 Author Posted July 15, 2011 Did anybody get anywhere with a Sibelius 6.2 Package? I gave up in the end and installed it locally, wasn't so bad for me as I only needed it on 15 workstations.
Quackers Posted July 15, 2011 Posted July 15, 2011 After digging around all morning its now working, so for future reference if you run the exe with /silent and then just push out the registry fragments via group policy from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sibelius Software on a machine you have installed and popped the key settings in.
enjay Posted August 25, 2011 Posted August 25, 2011 How did you guys push the exe installer out? I need to do this as well, although on Win7 not CC3 but the principle could well be the same for both...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now