kaphc Posted January 13, 2011 Posted January 13, 2011 Just been looking at our DHCP allocations for something, and happened to notice that there is a device on our network called Blackberry-8BEB which has been allocated an IP address. I'm curious to find out where this device is and how it's managed to get an IP address, surely a Blackberry would still require a WEP key to get onto our wireless network? We don't have RADIUS or anything similar implemented currently. From a security point of view as well, this is more than just mere idle curiousity!
FN-GM Posted January 13, 2011 Posted January 13, 2011 If you use WEP keys they are pretty easy to crack. I would setup security and use a WPA key.
kaphc Posted January 21, 2011 Author Posted January 21, 2011 Yeah I think a security overhaul on the WAPs is necessary ... have deleted the IP allocation for now and will keep an eye on it until I can get round and implement tighter security.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now