jedmondson Posted January 11, 2011 Posted January 11, 2011 I'm going to register a bit late as I wasn't going to go, but have now been told that I am helping my sister lug her bags to Paddington station so she can go back to uni. So i might as well turn up as im in London. Someone save me a mug!
vikpaw Posted January 11, 2011 Posted January 11, 2011 All the mugs are going down tomorrow, don't know what state they'll be in by the end of the week
AngryTechnician Posted January 11, 2011 Posted January 11, 2011 All the mugs are going down tomorrow I think you'll find there are some mugs doing down later in the week too. I'm not going until Friday, for example. 1
timbo343 Posted January 11, 2011 Posted January 11, 2011 Got my avatar on mine too along with the badge laminated .
elsiegee40 Posted January 11, 2011 Posted January 11, 2011 Tortoise avatar on the badge... BETT iPod app downloaded... parking space booked for the station... I'm ready to rollin the morning!
GREED Posted January 11, 2011 Posted January 11, 2011 I just downloaded the iphone app to. It ain't great for anything more than a guide/map... sort of. Unless you want contact details of the stands.
glennda Posted January 11, 2011 Posted January 11, 2011 I've got my pass but my trip for tomorrow is off as one of my technicians is off sick. Hopefully I can get up Friday if not its my own time on Saturday! :-(
elsiegee40 Posted January 11, 2011 Posted January 11, 2011 I just downloaded the iphone app to. It ain't great for anything more than a guide/map... sort of. Unless you want contact details of the stands. Have to agree. Many of the stands seem to be untenanted on the interactive floor map - well in the SEN area anyway. I did however mange to find a list of SEN exhibitors with greater ease in the app than I did on the website. All I wanted was a list of companies in the SN area... and I couldn't get one easily on the website!
Little-Miss Posted January 11, 2011 Author Posted January 11, 2011 the BETT website i awful isnt it...
elsiegee40 Posted January 11, 2011 Posted January 11, 2011 the BETT website i awful isnt it... Given that BETT is an IT showcase, the website is dreadful!
GREED Posted January 11, 2011 Posted January 11, 2011 Have to agree. Many of the stands seem to be untenanted on the interactive floor map - well in the SEN area anyway. I did however mange to find a list of SEN exhibitors with greater ease in the app than I did on the website. All I wanted was a list of companies in the SN area... and I couldn't get one easily on the website! You would have thought the app would pop up with the name and stand number when you click on a stand... or a search feature... but no. Also, I think there are some exhibitors missing from the app database...
featured_spectre Posted January 11, 2011 Posted January 11, 2011 the BETT website i awful isnt it... I remember asking one of the BETT organisers who does the website, they said its done in house to save on costs and the guy that does it, does it all based on dreamweaver and flash, with some fireworks thrown in. If you ask me it looks like a 1st year college student did it (no offence to them, but they lack the knowledge to appease the target audience)
Little-Miss Posted January 11, 2011 Author Posted January 11, 2011 You just cant find the info you want on it at all. It's Chaotic.. I've gone on there for various reasons and have just given up in frustration!
featured_spectre Posted January 11, 2011 Posted January 11, 2011 I downloaded the floor plan and made my own route...their floorplanner had me going from 1 end to the other and back...stupidity!
elsiegee40 Posted January 11, 2011 Posted January 11, 2011 I think edugeek needs to take over the BETT website. It'd be awesome! 2
GREED Posted January 11, 2011 Posted January 11, 2011 I remember asking one of the BETT organisers who does the website, they said its done in house to save on costs and the guy that does it, does it all based on dreamweaver and flash, with some fireworks thrown in. If you ask me it looks like a 1st year college student did it (no offence to them, but they lack the knowledge to appease the target audience) Any college teachers out there? Any at all?... lol kidding
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now