laserblazer Posted December 10, 2010 Posted December 10, 2010 Aldi Sunday Specials include a good selection of cheeses. The runnier the better
tech_guy Posted December 10, 2010 Posted December 10, 2010 It's got to be Stilton. Anything else is a waste of time. And crackers.
GREED Posted December 10, 2010 Posted December 10, 2010 It's got to be Stilton. Anything else is a waste of time. And crackers. So, a lump of mould then...
localzuk Posted December 10, 2010 Posted December 10, 2010 Never liked blue cheeses. Never understood why someone wants to eat mould?
laserblazer Posted December 10, 2010 Author Posted December 10, 2010 It's got to be Stilton. Anything else is a waste of time. And crackers. ALDI - Sunday Special Buys 12th December 2010
tech_guy Posted December 10, 2010 Posted December 10, 2010 So, a lump of mould then... Well, I think even I would draw the line at something like this: http://photographicdictionary.com/images/m/mould.jpg
tech_guy Posted December 10, 2010 Posted December 10, 2010 ALDI - Sunday Special Buys 12th December 2010 Thanks - now I know where I'm going this Sunday!
GREED Posted December 10, 2010 Posted December 10, 2010 Well, I think even I would draw the line at something like this: http://photographicdictionary.com/images/m/mould.jpg Just scrape the ends off it'l be fine! 1
Haptic Posted December 10, 2010 Posted December 10, 2010 I don't know tech_guy, if suitable amounts of port had been imbibed first I think that could just about be palatable! Then again I do like cheeses with a bit of a kick, quite enjoyed a bit of Stinking Bishop a couple of months back. As for the anti-blue brigade, all I’d say is it's obviously a matter of personal taste but in the same way that a air dried ham (Parma, Serrano etc) develops more depth of flavour whilst maturing/ moulding, cheese is no different; some things just taste better old! After all it’s rare to see much Parma ham left when the classic melon starter comes out.... Aldi Sunday here I come! Mark (CP’s resident foodie)
teejay Posted December 10, 2010 Posted December 10, 2010 Well, I think even I would draw the line at something like this: http://photographicdictionary.com/images/m/mould.jpg Meh, that's only just about getting ripe, once that middle bit is nicely aged it'll be ready to eat. Love blue cheese, but my favourite cheese at the moment is cave aged gruyere, especially if I can find the really good stuff with salt crystals in it. 1
kearton Posted December 10, 2010 Posted December 10, 2010 This one looks good too ALDI - Sunday Special Buys 12th December 2010 If only I wasn't on a diet
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now