Ben_Stanton Posted November 26, 2010 Posted November 26, 2010 Hi guys, I currently have an SSL cert installed on the exchange 2007 server. It is for mail.ourschool.herts.sch.uk and runs out in February. Since installing that 2 years ago, we have moved to a new web domain. I'd like to pull the ssl cert in line with it, as in, mail.ournewsite.co.uk. When I go into the cert request section of the 'default website' (where the SSL cert currently resides for OWA), it only gives me the option of remove, renew, replace, export and copy. None of which give me the ability to input the new domain data. What exactly am I doing wrong? I'm sure it's just me being stupid. Do I need to create a new website? Surely not Shirley! Ta very much Ben
powdarrmonkey Posted November 26, 2010 Posted November 26, 2010 None of which give me the ability to input the new domain data. Well, yes, because changing the name on the certificate would invalidate the authority's signature across it. You must remove the certificate and the generate a totally new signing request for submission to the CA of your choice. edit: oh, or generate the certificate request by another means and do a 'replace' when you get it signed.
Ben_Stanton Posted November 29, 2010 Author Posted November 29, 2010 Thanks powdarrmonkey. I realise why it won't let me. But, the requests are not verified and actioned instantly. So, I assumed there would be a process to request a new certificate (with new details) whilst still using the existing cert until the request comes back from the CA. Can you point me in the right direction or explain how I would request it by another means? Thanks
Ben_Stanton Posted November 29, 2010 Author Posted November 29, 2010 Ok no problem. Solver thanks. I just created a new 'dummy' website, requested a cert for that and swapped it over. Thanks
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now