soveryapt Posted November 17, 2010 Posted November 17, 2010 Right, interesting one here! Now, as I'm sure many schools do, we default to Google for the search engine in the school with Internet Explorer as the browser. When copying and pasting images from Google Images and pasting them into Word (or indeed any other part of the Office 2010 suite) it doesn't work. If you do a "Paste Special" and choose "device independent bitmap" then the image will paste in without any issues. I've had a quick Google but found no solution, but did find someone who reported that Bing Images and Yahoo Images copy and paste perfectly well, so I tested this and sure enough they do! Does anyone know of what the problem could be or (even better) have a solution to it? I've shown the ICT Teacher the "paste special" option, but obviously, it's not ideal, especially with our kids (we're a SEN school). Thanks Andy
ricki Posted November 17, 2010 Posted November 17, 2010 HI I have had several staff with this problem and I have found that County block a lot of sites and google caches a lot of the pics. When they try to copy the pic if its a blocked site it cannot copy it as it copies it from the site which it cannot get to. Get them to save the picture to their my pictures and then insert them into office from there. If they cannot save the picture to their area its blocked and they have to find another picture. Richard 1
soveryapt Posted November 17, 2010 Author Posted November 17, 2010 Yeah, that's one thing I've been doing, but for some of the entry level exams, they need to be able to copy and paste images from Google unfortunately. I explained they need to click onto the photo first to be sure they have access to it, but even copying and pasting from there is an issue.
ricki Posted November 17, 2010 Posted November 17, 2010 Hi I have spent several hours on this and this is the once solution I came up with that works. You could try another search engine. Richard
soveryapt Posted November 18, 2010 Author Posted November 18, 2010 Hi I have spent several hours on this and this is the once solution I came up with that works. You could try another search engine. Richard Yeah, I'm coming to that solution too! lol .. Thanks
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now