chilbs Posted November 17, 2010 Posted November 17, 2010 Dear All Due to interference on the on the 2.4Ghz spectrum at a particular site I am looking for laptops with wireless capability to do 802.11an (5Ghz) wireless. however every laptop I have found from the major manufacturers and at the cheaper end of the market i.e under £500 is only able to do 802.11gn (2.4Ghz). Does anyone know of any that have this capability built in or what cards are on the market that will do the 5Ghz that i could swap into the laptops. Thanks Chilbs
difinity Posted November 17, 2010 Posted November 17, 2010 All of our student laptops are on a band here, they are Dell and have either an intel card or the newer ones have a broadcom DW 1490. Intel do a 5100 and 5300 both with a capability. Intel® Ultimate N WiFi Link 5300 and Intel® WiFi Link 5100 Products
tech_guy Posted November 17, 2010 Posted November 17, 2010 We've just had this problem. We had a budget of £330 - £350 per laptop but needed .11a WiFi. So, we purchased Samsung R530 laptops from Dan at WStore and some £12.99 Intel® WiFi Link 5100 Half-Size Mini Cards from Justop. I've just fitted them now and they work beautifully!
Haptic Posted November 17, 2010 Posted November 17, 2010 I would be happy to have a look into this for you and I have just PM'd you. Chris
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now