Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

BSF resurrected by Spending review?


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I'm just reading through the spending review document available HERE and at the bottom of page 7, the fourth paragraph up, is the wording:

 

"providing capital funding for new schools, rebuilding or refurbishing over 600 schools

through the Building Schools for the Future programme and investing in new school

provision in areas of demographic pressure"

 

There's a similar paragraph - numbered 1.56 - towards the bottom of page 27 too.

 

I admit I haven't yet read through the rest of the document properly as I'm fitting it in around other tasks as they come in and skim-reading, but what does that say to everyone else?

Edited by TheCrust
Posted
I'm just reading through the spending review document available HERE and at the bottom of page 7, the fourth paragraph up, is the wording:

 

"providing capital funding for new schools, rebuilding or refurbishing over 600 schools

through the Building Schools for the Future programme and investing in new school

provision in areas of demographic pressure"

 

There's a similar paragraph - numbered 1.56 - towards the bottom of page 27 too.

 

I admit I haven't yet read through the rest of the document properly as I'm fitting it in around other tasks as they come in and skim-reading, but what does that say to everyone else?

 

BSf isn't dead as far as the schools which have reached financial close, so maybe that's what they are referring to.

Posted
I don't think so - In George Osborne's speech yesterday he said BSF was a waste of money. He must read edugeek.

 

He is sooooo right!

 

Look at the performance of Northgate in Leicester - the BSF Grand Prix award winning school was effectively crippled for a week because they couldn't recover from the last backup after a disk failure!

 

Compound this with chronic performance issues with the wireless network and the operating system that Microsoft would rather forget about on all desktops and laptops.

Posted

 

Compound this with chronic performance issues with the wireless network and the operating system that Microsoft would rather forget about on all desktops and laptops.

 

what, Windows ME ?! ;0)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...