brianoforlando Posted September 4, 2010 Posted September 4, 2010 Later this month, a client is moving offices. Unfortunately the existing patch panel is located under the structure. Although I anticipate no problems, I am asking; is there any reason I cannot place the server just anywhere I have an existing port. I have always located it near the patch panel / switch. This is a first for me. Just want others opinions.
Jamman960 Posted September 4, 2010 Posted September 4, 2010 Nope theres no reason what so ever, you can place servers wherever you like. Comm's rooms are generally the most convenient/secure place but theres no other reason for it.
brianoforlando Posted September 5, 2010 Author Posted September 5, 2010 Thanks.. maybe the planning will be smoother this week. Just need to get the contractors out of the way. But it was really nice, the other day when I mentioned, I would like to have a double drop and a dedicated circuit in a certain area. Came back three hours later and it was done.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now