DrCheese Posted August 17, 2010 Posted August 17, 2010 Hi guys, No matter what I do, I can't seem to get our Windows 7 logon speed down below 30/40 seconds when a user first logs on to a system. Second logon is around 5 seconds, but that's because they already have a profile created on the system. Problem is, since students/teachers move around so much every logon is a "first logon" and whist 30 seconds may not seem much, it can occasionally take longer and at the start of a lesson I can see it being really annoying, given that our current Windows XP first logon is around 12 seconds Our users profile is created from a netlogon\default user.v2 profile that I created and uploaded properly as per the new MS guidelines for making a default user. I have very little policy set currently, only a few folder redirections that are required. (My documents/start menu/desktop) I have set the logon information to verbose via policy and it all zips past fairly quickly, the longest part is the "preparing your desktop" at the end. I am wondering if this speed is to be expected, considering that the machines we have 7 on are around 3/4 years old now. (Pentium 4 HT/2gb ram) or if I'm doing something wrong and can squeeze the logon time down even further. I am aware that there is a windows 7 logon speed bug relating to having a solid colour set as the background, but I've ruled out that being an issue as we have a .jpg background set and even with the hotfix that MS provide, it doesn't seem to speed up Thanks
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now