Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm in the middle of a change of ip address range.

 

I have 1 esxi 3.5 server and the datastores for it are a dfs share from an iomega nas.

 

Now I assume it's as simple as shut down the guest vm's, change ip address of server, change ip address of nas.

 

Do I need to delete the datastore from within the management app and re-add it after I have changed ip's?

 

Ben

Posted
Yep, that's about right. I would do a backup copy of the VM's before you do this though, it's one of those tasks where you should be very careful!
Posted

Well because it was an nfs share from the iomega once it was deleted from esxi the files were still available.

 

Then it was a simple as changing the ip's on both devices and re-adding the nfs mount as a datastore and then re-adding the vm's to the inventory after that they powered on fine.

 

For future reference nfs shares on the iomega must be prefixed with nfs/

 

Ben

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...