plexer Posted August 2, 2010 Posted August 2, 2010 I'm in the middle of a change of ip address range. I have 1 esxi 3.5 server and the datastores for it are a dfs share from an iomega nas. Now I assume it's as simple as shut down the guest vm's, change ip address of server, change ip address of nas. Do I need to delete the datastore from within the management app and re-add it after I have changed ip's? Ben
teejay Posted August 2, 2010 Posted August 2, 2010 Yep, that's about right. I would do a backup copy of the VM's before you do this though, it's one of those tasks where you should be very careful!
plexer Posted August 3, 2010 Author Posted August 3, 2010 Well because it was an nfs share from the iomega once it was deleted from esxi the files were still available. Then it was a simple as changing the ip's on both devices and re-adding the nfs mount as a datastore and then re-adding the vm's to the inventory after that they powered on fine. For future reference nfs shares on the iomega must be prefixed with nfs/ Ben
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now