Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Link: BBC Sport - F1 - Ferrari fined $100,000 but result stands

 

I watched the race and I would say that it was obvious to anyone that team orders were in play today and those team orders affected the outcome of the race.

 

The FIA clearly think that there is something not right but all they do is fine a team that can easily afford the amount they have been fined so no punishment at all really.

 

Truly pathetic!

  • Thanks 1
Posted

I agree. However, it's something that happens constantly and consistently in the sport, and the FIA need to start clamping down on it seriously. Ferrari are no strangers to this sort of cheating and a meagre fine of $100,000 will mean nothing to them. They will have benefitted more from the result anyway.

 

Simply put, it cheated Massa out of a win (even though he was manipulated into claiming it was his decision), gave Alonso a false victory, cheated us fans out of what could have been a proper fight for the lead and the consequences of it (an overtake, a crash, a DNF for one or both etc) and undermines the intelligence of the fans. It's not good and can only hope that the WMSC take it seriously. But that's a while away and it's unlikely anything will occur from it.

 

These sort of team orders have previously cheated Barrichello from a very well deserved win, cheated Hamilton from the 2007 world championship and cheated Massa out of a win today - and obviously influenced the title fight. It's not good.

Posted

It was a good race until the orders were given :-( the atmosphere at the end was awful

 

Would probably still have been a ferarri 1 2

 

great quote from the beeb commentator earlier on tho - "Massa is encountering virgins in all the wrong places!"

Posted

From what I understand, because the rule has no specific penalty assigned to it they can only fine them rather than DQ them, which is what I think they should've done. Also the max fine they can impose is $100,000 which is what they imposed, lets just hope the FIA WMSC hit them hard.

I've absolutely loved this season up to this race, typical of Ferrari to spoil it, I really wanted to see Massa win a year after his accident.

Posted
I think Smedley might be in for a bit of a b*llocking!

 

if they didn't like his tone, mgmt should have done the deed themselves.

 

i think a 10-place grid penalty for the next race should have been the minimum punishment, ruin their competitive chances just as they ruined a competitive outcome to the race. A financial penalty is next to useless.

Posted
I think helping a friend with his drains was a better bet than watching the end f the race. I saw the middle for a bit while we took a break for lunch, and the Beeb commentators were expecting a cynical performance from Ferrari. They won't have been disappointed.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...