dcross Posted July 10, 2010 Posted July 10, 2010 Hi, I've added an additional module position above the footer and I've moved the existing Advertisement module to that position. I've alse duplicated the .footerbg2 style and applied it to the section. I know this style is affecting the required area because I've increased the Height to 85px to accomodate regular banners. My question is I can't get the banner to center across that enitre width of the page, the edges being the left of the login link and the right of the copyright text. I don't know enough about CSS and I've tried adding "text-align: center" in various places to no effect. If someone can tell me what code to put where I'd appreciate it. Regards, David.
rlweb Posted July 11, 2010 Posted July 11, 2010 Try *{ text-align:left; } body{ text-align:center; } that should work for Internet Explorer. Other browsers only need on the div. margi:n 0 auto;
dcross Posted July 16, 2010 Author Posted July 16, 2010 Hi, thanks for your response but neither of these work - although I may be putting them in the wrong place. This is the HTML for the section concerned: This is the CSS from the template.css file for the banner container: .footerbg2{ width: 100%; color: #888; border-top: 3px solid #EEE; padding-top: 10px; margin-top: 10px; height: 85px; } Please recode the correct section to perform the centering. Regards, David.
dcross Posted July 21, 2010 Author Posted July 21, 2010 Well I've got it working by putting the banner code itself inside Probably not the best way but it works.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now