Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi,

 

I've added an additional module position above the footer and I've moved the existing Advertisement module to that position. I've alse duplicated the .footerbg2 style and applied it to the section. I know this style is affecting the required area because I've increased the Height to 85px to accomodate regular banners.

 

My question is I can't get the banner to center across that enitre width of the page, the edges being the left of the login link and the right of the copyright text.

 

I don't know enough about CSS and I've tried adding "text-align: center" in various places to no effect.

 

If someone can tell me what code to put where I'd appreciate it.

 

Regards, David.

Posted

Try

*{
text-align:left;
}
body{
text-align:center;
}

that should work for Internet Explorer.

Other browsers only need on the div.

margi:n 0 auto;

Posted

Hi, thanks for your response but neither of these work - although I may be putting them in the wrong place.

 

This is the HTML for the section concerned:

 


	
		
	

 

This is the CSS from the template.css file for the banner container:

 

.footerbg2{
width: 100%;
color: #888;
border-top: 3px solid #EEE;
padding-top: 10px;
margin-top: 10px;
height: 85px;
}

 

Please recode the correct section to perform the centering.

 

Regards, David.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...