featured_spectre Posted July 2, 2010 Posted July 2, 2010 I know its been said many times before regarding new user creation, however I have come across a gem of a tool which does bulk folder creation in seconds! Skwire Empire - Text 2 Folders < I just used this and it saved me the better part of half hour. It doesnt make the shares, but it creates the folders which is a time saver in itself. I used my script then to make the folders into shares and I was done, but that tool is a godsend! Hope many of you can use it! Regards 1
Chad Posted July 2, 2010 Posted July 2, 2010 Unless you have a specific need to, surely you don't need to share the individual folders? Share the parent folder (e.g. as userhomes$) then map the homes as \\server\userhomes$\%username% Provided the permissions are set correctly on the parent it all works swimmingly, and is easier to maintain.
PiqueABoo Posted July 2, 2010 Posted July 2, 2010 it all works swimmingly I think so too and it's what MS Enterprise folk have long suggested, but it's obviously easier when done from the start and their is a downside: If you've got XP clients you can't get the user sensible information about their folder quotas e.g. for some logon time "You're nearly out of space. Delete something!" app. But that is the *only* issue I've had with it, and it's massively outweighed by the joys of automagic user folder creation.
gizmo2005 Posted July 2, 2010 Posted July 2, 2010 thank you this will be a great help and save me so much time 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now