Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

My current most annoying feature about my Desire is calendar alerts!

 

(I've become dependant on a PDA to tell me where to go and what to do :) )

 

Now, when it works - its not too bad (but not as good as WM6 on a 2 yr old Omnia!)

 

When it works - i get a nice sound alert and when I look at my phone - big msg saying what the event is with option to snooze (but no variation on how long for unlike my old phone :( )

 

I can live with this - not perfect and a step backwards but ...

 

HOWEVER, sometimes I hear a sound, pull the phone out of my pocket, I have to switch it on, theres no msg on the screen, I have to unlock and then go into calendar to see what the alert was about.

 

Does this happen to others and is there a cure for it?

 

regards

 

Simon

Posted
Can't say that I've had this problem, but then I use the calendar widget on my home screen so I can always see what's coming up anyway. Whether the widget sorts the issue I don't know, but if you rely on it a lot it's a handy widget to have anyway
  • Thanks 1
Posted
but then I use the calendar widget on my home screen

I'll have a play with that -ta

 

have you got the same notification sound switched on for another app or widget?

 

Good point - I'll watch out for it.

 

Of course its behaqved flawlessly today - :)

 

regards

 

Simon

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Hallelujah -I'm back to the functionality of WinMob6 :)

 

Calendar Snooze does the job that Google Cal should have done by itself!

 

Puts a big alert on the screen (and I've even set it to wake the phone up and display the alert so I dont' have to bother unlocking it :) ) and gives snooze time options (scroll down to see them all or edit the settings CSV file BTW need to turn it sideways to edit it properly).

 

I might even fork out beer money for the ad free version!

 

regards

 

Simon

Posted

2 forward - one back :(

 

There is a problem in the fact that you have to disable normal Calendar alarms when using Calendar Snooze.

 

Which means that reminders aren't automatically added to events which means NO ALARM GOES OFF AT ALL!!!!!!

 

Workaround is to remember (I like the chicken/egg scenario here :lol: )to press menu and add a reminder to the event and then it all works OK. :)

 

regards

 

Simon

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...