Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted
The WebM project is dedicated to developing a high-quality, open video format for the web that is freely available to everyone.

 

The WebM launch is supported by Mozilla, Opera, Google and more than forty other publishers, software and hardware vendors.

 

Link: The WebM Project : The WebM Project : Welcome to the WebM Project

 

While at home I can access YouTube [filtered at work] I have opted into the HTML5 video player trial. However so far I can't see much difference between the old and new format. However I guess I can play videos without downloading an additional component for my browser.

 

I am using ChromePlus at home so the part that says:

 

Google Chrome (h.264 supported now, WebM enabled version coming soon)

 

applies to me.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...