Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

When migrating drives to a larger RAID controller is there a way of doing so without formatting the drives.

 

I have two RAID one sets, which I am trying to migrate

 

I am trying to migrate from a silicon image SIL 3114 card to a AMCC 3Ware 9500S-12 controller.

 

Thanks

Posted
You will almost certainly have to do a full backup and then restore on the new controller. If the RAID controllers were from the same brand and product family you may have a shot. I know the HP SmartArray series handles this nicely but as each controller is not identical it is unlikely that they will transfer accross.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...