Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm thinking of getting a couple of Wyse S50's - they're about £150 each. The write up says they are Linux OS based. What I need to know is two things - 1) Will they auto start an RDP session? I've had TC's in the past (especially WinCE based ones) that don't and it's a right royal PIA! and 2) Do they support USB pass-thru? Will they connect any attached USB drive back to the host TS?

 

Thanks guys.

Posted

Speed is not an issue, at all. If I could get an RDP session on a ZX81 it'd be fast enough ;) Connecting to Win2k3 R2 Terminal Services. Only two features that matter are autostart RDP and USB attachements.

 

As for brand, sorry I'd prefer a name a recognise. Used HP in the past and have been meaning to try Wyse for a while. I think I'd prefer the Wyse so long as it does do what I need.

 

Have MS released RemoteFX yet? I understand that is really needed for flash/cad media (not that I need it, maybe interested in the future).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...