ajbritton Posted May 7, 2010 Posted May 7, 2010 Homemade 16TB NAS dwarfs the competition with insane build quality (video) -- Engadget
Andrew_C Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 Personally, I'd not have used the HDD array as a rest when I was jigsawing, and I do wonder if there will be enough airflow around the disks. That said, it does look good, and he's much better at welding than me!
SYNACK Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 If you run out of space on one of those check out one of these: Petabytes on a budget: How to build cheap cloud storage | Backblaze Blog 90TB in 4U or rack space.
localzuk Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 Personally, I'd not have used the HDD array as a rest when I was jigsawing, and I do wonder if there will be enough airflow around the disks. That said, it does look good, and he's much better at welding than me! He was using old disks when he was doing the build... Looks like an excellent project though. Just wish I had a workshop. Well, a house in fact
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now