Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I cut my teeth on Netware and have come to Windows Server late! Have found my way around most things and taught myself as I go along.

 

What I really need to do is get a thorough grounding in profiles as these seem to be fairly key to the smooth running of the network. Things that are occuring that i need to know about include:

 

- what's a roaming profile? what are the advantages of using this? how do I go about fixing error messages when the user logs in and their roaming profile can't be found?

 

- how can I deny access to profiles? for example, all new users appear to be configured so that when I create them an account with a profile, the Administrator account is denied acccess to their folder on the server?

 

Am happy to go away and read up about this kinda stuff if someone can point me in the right direction - but I guess I am looking for something that points to some real-world experience as well as just the theory!

 

Many thanks in advance

Posted

Fab!

 

Am having a "doh" moment as I do use the wiki on this site but hadn't found the bit on profiles yet! Never overlook the obvious eh?!

 

Thanks

Posted

You're welcome.

 

I wrote a lot of the profile stuff myself a few years back. It was written in the days of XP/2003 so I can't vouch the the accuracy or applicability with Vista/7/2008

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...