Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

We've just completed an upgrade of our 6 DCs from W2K3 R2 to W2K8 SP2 and now DPM 2007 refuses to backup the System States of these DCs. The error is always 'Replica is inconsistent', I've deleted the existing protection group and just re-created with 1 DC - I figure if I can get it working on 1 I can replicate whatever I need to do to make it work!

 

So far i've tried:

 

Updating the Agent to 2.0.8844.0 (the latest version I think)

 

Added the AllowSSBToAnyVolume registry entry (set to 1) to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\wbengine\SystemStateBackup on the DC

 

(I'm still unable to run a backup to a critical volume even after changing this entry)

 

Changed the following entry in PSDataSourcesConfig.xml

D:\DPM_SYSTEM_STATE\%computername%.bkf

 

(was %SystemDrive%\DPM_SYSTEM_STATE\%computername%.bks)

 

I'm now out of ideas, hoping someone else has some! The DPM server runs W2K3 x64 Enterprise.

 

Cheers

 

Adam.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...