Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi all,

 

I'm having a bit of a nightmare getting Wicd to run a script on connection to the school network. I have two scripts, proxy_on and proxy_off that (you guessed it) turn on/off the proxy rspectively, with the idea being that Wicd will activate the proxy settings when it connects to school network and deactivate them when it disconnects so I can use the netbook at home without fiddling around with settings every time (I'm lazy, but if the feature is there why not use it!)

 

Both scripts run perfectly when manually executed so I know they do what I want them to (and yes I am using "su -c" to apply settings to the current user as it is a Ubuntu distro I'm using) but I can't for the life of me figure out how to make Wicd run them and there seems to be no documentation available.

 

So my question is, how do I do it?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...