Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I've no idea if such a thing exists, but here's what I want to be able to do;

 

1 - Create ad-hoc databases on-line (simple lists would be a start)

 

2 - It should be possible to update the lists on-line

 

3 - It should be possible to simple queries against the lists on-line

 

4 - It should be possible to download individual lists as CSV/XML

 

5 - There needs to be user authentication to limit access

 

6 - Data should be stored on-line as simple text files, NOT using MySql (my superbasic web host only gives me one MySql DB and it's tiny!)

 

Does such a thing exist or should I get out the 'PHP for dummies' and start learning?

 

Cheers,

Posted
would this work:

 

http://www.c-worker.ch/txtdbapi/index_eng.php

 

..here's an example of some scripting:

 

http://www.designdetector.com/archives/04/10/FlatFileDatabaseDemo.php

 

This webhost of yours is a royal pain AJ! what's the restriction on that DB? I've successfully run several in a small space.

 

Thanks Mark, that looks interesting. I'm on the ultra basic low cost home host package which, now I look, doesn't include any form of SQL database. I can have Access via ODBC :roll:

 

I may now have an alternate host for the service I'm trying to set up, which should remove all the limitations I've been struggling with!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...