dgsmith Posted January 22, 2010 Posted January 22, 2010 We have some old(ish)[2006/2007] HP ink cartridges that I found in a few printers in our storeroom which are still mostly over half full. I cleaned the tip and inserted them into other active printers which will accept them, to find the printer says they have "expired" and are unusable! Is there a way around this "expiry"? I have googled however haven't found a definitive answer to it, other than "change the cartridge chip", "change the computer clock" amongst others. Aside from that, does anyone know if HP add a similar type of expiration to their toner cartridges? If we had a toner cartridge that probably won't be used until later this year (and not knowing how old it is already), would it also show this "expired" message?
contink Posted January 22, 2010 Posted January 22, 2010 Yeah this is something of a known issue with older HP printers... Usually the solution depends on the printer but most seem to rely on removing a watch type battery from the printer innards or setting the computer clock backwards to before expiry to get it working... For all the hassle I'd just buy some new ones...
dgsmith Posted January 22, 2010 Author Posted January 22, 2010 Yes, but just annoying when you can feel some cartridges we have are nearly full (I guess they were inserted new just before the printers were retired and stuck at the back of the storeroom). More concerned about the toner query though if anyone has any input on that?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now