dgsmith Posted January 13, 2010 Posted January 13, 2010 Our ICT teacher has mentioned to me that next week they'll be doing a few lessons on scratch. Although I put it on the network some time back, I figured I better brush up on it so I know what's what! I go to the scratch website (Scratch | Home | imagine, program, share) and find that county have blocked it?! This site has been categorised as "Media Sharing", meaning it allows users to share inappropriate content and has no checks in place to prevent this. It's even promoted as an educational resource! More amusing, they are still promoting the use of it on the LancsNGFL website here. So much for allowing the kids to go on there and download some existing projects others have made.. 1
SimpleSi Posted January 16, 2010 Posted January 16, 2010 :eek: Hopefully its just computers making mistooks I've requested it to be unblocked and we'll see what happens on Monday to see if takes a phone call as well regards Simon
SimpleSi Posted January 21, 2010 Posted January 21, 2010 Still blocked but I got no reply from web team so I've resent the request. regards Simon
dgsmith Posted January 27, 2010 Author Posted January 27, 2010 Sorry Simon didn't notice you had replyed to this thread! Yes we sent several unblock requests and got no response. It had actually purposely been blocked rather than just being "uncategorised". How did you manage to pursuade them?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now