Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

OVer the weekend nagios has decided that all my linux boxes have a root partition drive space warning, all of them are reporting

DISK WARNING - free space: / 2006 MB (11% inode=83%):

 

But this is not the case and they are all fine..

 

What could have caused this and how can I fix it?

Posted

hmm seems there was an 11gb mail.info in /var/log on the nagios box, which was causing a warning for nagios..

 

Not sure why it would report for all the linux boxes.. time to check the configuration

Posted

Ok, it seems that whats happening is that for all my linux boxes, what is being reported for them all matches the nagios box.

 

Cant believe I hadnt noticed this before..

 

For all of them I have

define service{
       use                             local-service ... 

 

Should that only be local-service for the nagios box? What would it be for the other linux boxes?

Posted

OK I think Ive found the problem.

 

I had used the localhost.cfg as a template for all the other boxes.

 

Ive had to download and install the nrpe daemon on the remote boxes and the plugins on the nagios box.

 

Now as soon as I can figure out the firewall/hosts.allow or whatever it is stopping me from connecting, I think it should be sorted.

Posted

OK Ive opened the firewall, and can now get a reply

 

root@nagios:~# /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H 10.1.1.12 
NRPE v2.12

 

But Im still getting a plugin not found..

 

What should a) my server.cfg look like with regards to the commands

b) the commands.cfg look like with regards to the nrpe commands

c) should I need to define any services for nrpe ?

 

Im a bit stuck here

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...